Login Lost Password?
Home arrow ”bidos
”bidos


Óbidos, is actually one of the seven wonders of Portugal. The castle and their medieval lines count some part of Portugal’s history. Óbidos is known by being one of the biggest attractions of Portugal.

In 1148, Óbidos was taken from the Moors, by the first king of Portugal, D. Afonso Henriques. Since then, that place was declared one of the crown jewels, not only by its vast patrimony, but also by the existent cultural dynamism.

The council counts with a vast patrimony, with monuments and tourist attractions, like the Towns Door, Valleys Door or even Nossa Senhora da Graça and Rua Direita.

Other interesting sites are the Santa Maria, São Pedro, São João Baptista, Mercy, Pillory and Telheiro and São Tiago churches even São Martinho Chapel, Nossa Senhora do Carmo Chapel, the Aqueduct and Senhor Jesus da Pedra Sanctuary.

The main mark of that council is the castle of Roman origin, which was conquered by the Christians, in 1148. Over time, the castle was repaired and enlarged. In the 20th century was in total ruin, having been recovered to install the Lodging that is the first one of the State in historical building. Nowadays, Óbidos and its castle are regarded as among the “seven wonders of Portugal”.

Óbidos is also known by its cultural dynamism. Several events try to remember the past centuries. Events like the Medieval Market, festival of Operates, International Festival of Chocolate, Óbidos Town Christmas and the Holly Week, attract about two millions tourists per year.

For those who appreciate golf, Óbidos is an excellent destiny. About 10 years ago was built one of the best 18-hole golf course in all Europe, Praia D’el Rey is its name and is an internationally recognized field. Nowadays, we have five new golf courses being built in the district of Óbidos.

If you prefer to visit the council in the summer, Óbidos still counts with the beaches of Bom Sucesso, Praia Del Rey, Cortiço and Covões.

Events

Óbidos Christmas Town
 
Óbidos Christmas Town is an event that will surprise for its originality. Every year it is dedicated to a different theme pertaining to the holiday season. Traditional fairy tales are brought to life and recreated in a unique environment, offering a different outlook of the Christmas period without ever forgetting its traditional characters, especially Santa Claus. The colorful houses and entertainment program are the highpoint of the event, along with the ice skating rink.

International Chocolate Festival

Chocolate.  A magic word that takes on a special meaning in the small historic town of Óbidos. The International Chocolate Festival is one of the biggest and most important events organized in Óbidos.
Every year over 200 thousand visitors come to Óbidos for the sole purpose of enjoying of the world's most popular element. Besides trying different kinds of chocolates and desserts, visitors can sign up for cooking courses and watch as national and international professionals and amateurs compete for the many different prizes promoted during these 11 days.

Holy Week of Óbidos

“Óbidos continues to be a privileged stage for historical and religious celebrations. Evoking the Passion and Death of Christ, Holy Week attracts to the town thousands of people, Portuguese and foreign, united by culture and devotion."
Records of Holy Week celebrations in Óbidos go back to the 17th century. This event has been one of the main tourist attractions to this historic town since early nineteen hundredths presenting some the most impressive religious ceremonies in Western Portugal. Besides the different religious manifestations (masses and processions), a complete cultural program with children's activities, conferences, exhibitions and concerts also complete the program. 

Baroque May - Classical Music Month


This classical music month is dedicated to the Portuguese composer José Joaquim dos Santos (1747-1801) and is promoted by the Town Hall of Óbidos and the Municipal Enterprise, Óbidos Patrimonium. 
José Joaquim dos Santos was one of the most important Portuguese composers of sacred music in the second half of the 18th century. He was born in Óbidos in the same place where the Our Lord Jesus of the Sanctuary is located.  This classical music season intends to recover and divulge musical heritage written by this composer. All concerts and recitals must contemplate at least one of his works.

Harpsichord Season


The Harpsichord Season in Óbidos is of particular interest for two reasons: on the one hand, it is an important instrument for ancient music; and on the other hand, Óbidos offers a special ambience for this kind of sonority. Besides its notorious medieval past, the Baroque also assumes and homogenous and rare presence here.
The Harpsichord Season intends to divulge Baroque music, counting with one of the most emblematic instruments of the time: the harpsichord.

Junho das Artes - Contemporary Art Month

With “Junho das Artes – Contemporary Art Month”, Óbidos will be “invaded” by the imagination and creativity that Art facilitates, making Óbidos a richer and more valorised community.
Along with the homage paid to icons of Portuguese Culture, “Junho das Artes –Contemporary Art Month” hopes to be an event that welcomes to the historic town works by some of the most prestigious and renowned national and foreign Contemporary artists.
The event promotes a number of initiatives not only in conventional spaces, such as museums and galleries, but also in public spaces and buildings adapted for this purpose. Several exhibits and events promote different artistic expressions and artistic dialogues.

Mercado Medieval de Óbidos

During these eleven days the town of Óbidos will travel back and time and recreate the customs and spirit of medieval Europe. Flowing vibrant banners and heraldic flags, wizards, jugglers, court jesters, wandering minstrels, musicians and mimes provide the vivacious merriment. Craft demonstrators and some 100 food, beverage and merchandise vendors take visitors to a time that has long passed. The afternoon concludes with jousting knights on horseback.
Entertainment activities take place in all three stages of the Old Arms Square and in random areas of the fair.  Visitants will also come upon two civil and military camp sites, replicas of assault weapons, surgical and domestic tools, and different animals, such as horses, ponies, donkeys, falcons and snakes.
Visitors can also enjoy a “medieval” style meal. Hearty soups, grilled meat and sausages, snails, cod, quail, rabbit, hog, lamb and squid are only some of the tasty delights offered by almost 20 taverns spread throughout the marketplace.
Whoever wishes may also exchange Euros for the local currency of the fair: the TORREÃO. This coin was created especially for this event and is equivalent to the Euro. There is no exchange rate and you can take these coins home as souvenir.

International Piano Masterclasses

In the medieval town of Óbidos (Portugal), SIPO 2008 - INTERNATIONAL PIANO MASTER CLASSES, promoted by the Associação de Cursos Internacionais de Música de Óbidos (ACIM) with the support of the Municipality of Óbidos and the Ministry of Culture – Arts Institute, is held in July/August every year by worldwide renowned teachers.
The master classes are the core activity of the International Piano Festival of Óbidos. Celebrating its 14th edition, it has become the most important event of its kind in Portugal. The teachers are artists of international reputation as well as excellent pedagogues.
The course is open to professional level students, musicians beginning a career, teachers as well as very motivated younger pianists.

Opera Festival

The Opera Festival is held every year in the historic town of Óbidos and in its five years of existence has drawn a large audience to the many operas that have been staged. It is a unique project that mergers the cultural heritage to the promotion and valorization strategy of Óbidos. This summer festival is unique in the country and presents some of the most popular operas of all time, always with an exceptional backdrop, whether the historic castle or the banks of the Lagoon of Óbidos.

 

Places to visit

Castle

This castle, of Roman origin, was built under Arab domain. After the Christian conquest (1148), the castle was repaired and enlarged many times. During the reign of King Manuel I, the governor orders the construction of a palace and changes some parts of the castle. In the Alcaide’s palace, manueline windows can be found. The chimney in the main room and the portal with the royal coat of arms of the Noronha family is also from this time. The palace suffered great damage with the 1755 earthquake. During the 20th century it was found completely in ruins. It was restored in order to house the State Inn (pousada) – the first state inn in a historic building.

St. John the Baptist Church


Address: Rua do Cemitério, São Pedro, 2510-217 Óbidos
Open hours:
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 17.00 (October to March) 
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 19.00 (April to September)  
It was founded by the Holy Queen Isabel and initially dedicated to St. Vincent. In this temple the Brotherhood of the Holy Spirit, close to the leprosarium (to house patients suffering from leprosy), was also founded by this monarch. Some historians defend that this temple originated during the Visigoth period. It’s of one nave and houses the Parish Museum of Óbidos.

Town Gate

It is the main entrance to the castle. Here, one can admire an oratory with a balcony covered with 18th century tiles representing the Passion of Christ. One can find the inscription referring to the Patroness Saint of Óbidos, Our Lady of Sorrow, stating the following: “The Virgin, Our Lady was conceived without original sin”.
There are also two interesting details at the Town Gate are: the painted ceiling, recently restored, representing a crown of thorns; and the double doors typical of Portuguese Castles.

Our Lady of Grace Gate

Address: Rua porta do vale, 2510-084 Óbidos
It is the access door on the east side of the town. In its interior there is an oratory chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Grace in the same place where another image had previously existed. Legend has it that it was offered in thanksgiving after the siege of 1246 (between King Sancho II and King Afonso III). In 1727, this oratory chapel was restored in memory of a damsel who died of love for a young boy from Óbidos. The tower was transformed in a temple and has a chancel, retable, chorus, tribune, and sacristy. The nave is not more than a street passage to the inside of the walled town.

Rua Direita - Main Street

Rua Direita is the main street of the town and also the one that attracts most visitors. Historically, Rua Direita and Rua Nova have been the main streets of Óbidos and the quickest ways of reaching the castle. 
In the 14th century, it was known as Rua Direita, probably due to the expansion of the town towards south. This development culminated with the construction of the Town Gate in the second half of the 14th century.
Originally the trace of this street was not as linear as we see it today. Some old gothic portals inside the buildings were discovered proving that this street was, in fact, different. However, it has presented this formation since the 16th and 17th centuries.
 
St. Peter’s Church 


Address: Largo de São Pedro, 2510-086 Óbidos
Open hours:
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 17.00 (October to March)
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 19.00 (April to September)  
Gothic temple founded during the Middle Ages, originally with three naves. This building was altered during the 16th century. The baptistery and the tower staircase have resisted many natural disasters, among them the earthquake of 1531. The portal is from the 17th century. It is also possible to see on the right side of the portico a stone relief with an amulet seal in the façade of this church, which confirms the reminiscences of the ancient temple.
The 1755 earthquake destroyed the temple. Later, it was completely rebuilt.
Nowadays, we can find inside an interesting gilwood retable. To the right, we find a 17th century painting of St. Peter receiving, from Christ, the keys to heaven.
It is also said that the famous painter Josefa de Ayalla, also known as Josefa d’ Óbidos, deceased in 1684, is buried in this church.


St. Martin’s Chapel

Address: Largo de São Pedro, 2510-086 Óbidos
Open Hours:
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 17.00 (October to March)
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 19.00 (April to September)
Pero Fernandes created this chapel in 1331. It was a private tomb chapel of the Lords of Pó. It belonged to the Lafetá family until 1913 and, in 1998, was bought from the Viscount of Sacavem by the municipal government.
At the entrance, one can admire two magnificent stone sculptures from the 15th century, representing the Virgin of Maternity and the Angel Gabriel.
Its pointed arch (ogive) is developed in three archivolts, on beautiful columns of carved capitels.
Outside the chapel we can see two tombs that were taken from the inside during the French Invasions. Close to Óbidos, in Roliça, a battle took place on August 17th, 1808, and was considered one of the first defeats of Junot Napoleon.

Almshouse Church

Address: Largo da Misericórdia, 2510 Vila de Óbidos, Óbidos
Open hours:
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 17.00 (October to March) 
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 19.00 (April to September)
Formerly the Chapel of the Holy Spirit. Legend has it that in 1498 Queen Leonor founded the Almshouse of Óbidos.
This church possesses an impressive artistic collection. It has an ancient image of the Virgin Mary in the entrance porch, in blue porcelain. Its interior is completely lined in hand-painted tiles from the last main restoration (1678). Of particular interest is the tomb of the Countess of Cavaleiros – Luíza Guerra. The wooden vault ceiling bears several painted ornaments and the Royal crown. 

Saint Mary's Church

Address: Praça de Santa Maria, 2510-001 Óbidos
Open Hours:
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 17.00 (October to March) 
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 19.00 (April to September)
Located in Saint Mary’s Square, this church is found in the main square of the Town. Legend has it that it was founded during the Visigoth period. Later, it became a Mosque and after King Afonso Henriques’ conquest from the Moors, it became a Christian Temple once again.
Saint Teotónio was its first prior of this church. Later, King João III endowed it his wife, Queen Catarina of Austria. It also housed a collegiate.  Queen Leonor profoundly changed the medieval temple in the end of the 15th century. Also, the bell tower was constructed during these restoration works. This church was damaged in the 1535 earthquake, but it was immediately reconstructed with the support of Queen Catarina and of prior Rodrigo Sanches. It is after these works that the temple acquired its current appearance.

Pillory


It was built in granite in the in the end of the 15th century. It represented power, as well as a symbol of municipal independence. It was also used to punish criminals. On one side, it has a shield with the royal coat of arms; and on the other side, a fishing net that Queen Leonor of Lencastre gave to the town in memory of the loss of her son, the Royal prince Afonso, representing the fishing net in which the fishermen brought the body of her only son who died in a hunting accident.

St. James’ Church


Address: Largo de São Tiago Cerca do Castelo, 2510 Óbidos
Commissioned by King Sancho I, in 1186, it originally had three naves and the entrance faced west. This entrance communicated directly with the inside of the castle. It was the church used by the royal family when they stayed in Óbidos. It was decorated with various works of art, in which the Queen’s Gallery stands out (Gothic carving). This church was completely destroyed with the 1755 earthquake and rebuilt in 1772 with its façade facing the Main Street and the main altar facing north. It had in its main altar a painting representing St. James Major, mannerist painting on oak wood by an unknown author from the second half of the 16th century.

Our Lady of Carmel


Located outside the castle walls, facing west, its origin is lost in time. Legend has it that this was a Roman temple dedicated to Jupiter. There existed various stones with Roman Inscriptions. It was the Parish centre of St. John the Baptist (of Mocharro) until 1636 because at that time it was transferred to the ancient chapel of St. Vincent (of the leprous) in the southern entrance of the town. After that date, it became dedicated to Our Lady of Carmel. It was destroyed by the 1755 earthquake. Its current appearance is the result of restoration works that took place in the mid 20th century by the Direcção dos Edificios e Monumentos Nacionais.

Third order of Saint Francis

Address: Rua Dom João de Ornelas, 2510-074 Vila de Óbidos
Open hours: Closing days: Wednesdays 
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 17.00 (October to March) 
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 19.00 (April to September)  

Located in outskirts of the town, it is a small temple with a Baroque Portal and a Franciscan emblem. It has one nave and a dome covering its chancel.  Its tiles are from the first half of the 17th century.  On the side walls, we find chequered blue and white tiles, as well as blue and yellow tiles.
The tiles that cover the triumphal arch and cover the chancel are of a polychromatic pattern. The retable, painted by Belchoir de Matos (c. 1600) represents St. John in Patmos and other saints related to the Franciscan Order.

Aqueduct 

The aqueduct it is 3 km long. In the 16th century, Queen Catarina commissioned its construction in exchange for the “Várzea da Rainha” (fertile land outside the castle walls). The water was carried through a great number of high arches which crossed extensive vineyards and orchards and came to provide water to the town's main fountains.

Our Lord Jesus of the Stone Sanctuary


Address: Street Óbidos / Caldas da Rainha, São Pedro, 2510-217 Óbidos
Tel.: 262 959 945
Open hours: 
Closing days: Monday 
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 17.00 (Outubro a Março)
9.30 - 12.30 / 14.30 - 19.00 (Abril a Setembro)  

Inaugurated in 1747, this sanctuary is one of the most interesting Baroque buildings in Portugal, mainly due to its hexagonal shape. It was commissioned by King Joao V in memory of the accident from which he escaped from, by evoking Our Lord Jesus of the Stone. The trace of this construction work is of the responsibility of the Architect Captain Rodrigo Franco (of the Mitra Patriarchal).
Its interior presents three chapels: the chancel dedicated to the Calvary with a painting by André Gonçalves; the side chapels dedicated to Our Lady of Conception; and the Death of S. Joseph with paintings from José da Costa Negreiros. The peculiar stone image of the Crucified Christ, also in the chancel was, until the inauguration of the Sanctuary, sheltered in a small hermit next to the road that went in direction to Caldas da Rainha where it was object of great devotion, especially by King Joao V.

Municipal Museum of Óbidos

Address: Praça de Santa Maria, 2510-079 ÓbidosOpen hours:
Monday to Sunday
10h00 - 13h00
14h00 - 18h00
The permanent exhibition of the Municipal Museum represents the artistic production and the religious devotion of the historic town of Óbidos. This collection counts with some of the most renowned names in Portuguese Art.  However, it's the collection of 16th and 17th century paintings by André Reinoso and Josefa D'Obidos that stand out.

Parish Museum


Address: Rua Direita, 78 a 86, 2510 Óbidos
Open hours:
Monday to Sunday
10h00 às 13h00
14h00 às 18h00

The Church of Saint John the Baptist, located near the Town Gate was recently restored with the support of the Town Hall. It is one of the most symbolic structures and a very important reference of the edified heritage in Óbidos. 
In 1309, the Holy Queen Isabel commissioned its construction and dedicated it to Saint Vincent. Its function was to provide religious assistance to the victims of leprosy during the middle Ages.


Abílio de Mattos e Silva Museum  

Address: Praça de Santa Maria, n.º 4 2510-079 Óbidos
Open hours: 10.00h - 13.00h and 14.00h - 18.00h
Closind days: Monday
The Abílio de Mattos e Silva Museum was an idea by Maria José Salavisa over ten years ago. Initially thought for the Casa do Facho, this option was set aside and the new museum is now located in the old Town Hall and is connected to the Casa do Arco, house where the artist lived. 
Abílio Mattos e Silva was a painter, scenographer, and costume designer. Though not originally from Óbidos, he was raised in this town and lived here with his wife, the interior designer, Maria José Salavisa. This museum will reflect the different sides of the artistic activity of Abílio Mattos e Silva. It will establish a close relation with other museums and private collections along with his house, where themes related to the cultural lifestyle of the couple will be explored.

NovaOgiva Gallery

Address: Rua Direita, Óbidos
Open hours:
Monday to Sunday
10h00 - 13h00
14h00 - 18h00
The NovaOgiva Gallery is a Contemporary Art Extension of the Network of Museums and Galleries of Óbidos. 
Formerly known as Ogiva Gallery, this space was created in Óbidos, in 1970, and was open for a little over three years. These were years of great cultural intensity, citizenship and liberty. Its founder, José Aurélio, at the time lived in Óbidos and had already created something related to Contemporary Art: the Small Ogiva (later the Tourist Office and, more recently, Oficina do Barro- local handicraft workshop).

Pelourinho House Gallery

Address: Largo de S. Pedro 2510-086 Óbidos
Tel.: +351 262 955 557
Open hours:
Monday to Sunday
10h00 - 13h00
14h00 - 18h00

Open in 2004, exhibitions of cultural relevance are organised in this gallery, mainly related to Contemporary Art.  One of the main aims of this gallery is to promote and stimulate new talented artists, who are making a name for themselves in the national artistic panorama.

 Gastronomy

  • Caldeirada de peixe da Lagoa de Óbidos;
  • Enguias fritas e de ensopado;
  • Trouxas-de-ovos e lampreias das Gaeiras;
  • Alcaides;
  • Pegadas e pastéis de Moura;
  • Fruta - maçãs e laranjas.
  • Ginjinha d’Óbidos

 

Handicraft

Embroideries Óbidos - An art with a half-century of existence
Arabesques, birds, castle and Óbidos word, embroidery in shades of blue, pink, salmon, green, yellow and brown make up the embroidery of Óbidos. Created in the middle of last century by an obidense, these embroideries are used “cocksfoot points” for filling and “flower foot points” for contours on the white linen, through linen or tow.
Currently the Art and Crafts Association “Bordar Óbidos” (Embroidering Óbidos) is based on Straight Street, next to Largo de Santa Maria, after years and years have occupied the chapel of S. Martin.
This space is currently divided with the artisans of verguinha (ceramics). Exposed at this location are the most diverse jobs, from rags to trays and tables, napkins, sweaters, bags smells and abajours boxes. Building walls are still decorated with tapestries of Óbidos, also inspired in this embroidery.

 

Golf

Praia D’El Rey

Address: Praia D’El - Vale de Janelas, Apartado 2, 2510-451 Óbidos
Set along a beautiful sandy beach less than one hour from Lisbon, in an area of protected rural landscape of rolling sand dunes and pine tree forests, Praia D’El Rey Golf & Beach Resort is an oasis of relaxed style and world-class comforts created to reflect the unspoiled natural beauty of its location.  With year-round sunshine, a championship links golf course, luxury accommodation, world-class spa and a vast range of outdoor activities, this is the best holiday location under the sun.  


BOM SUCESSO Design Resort,Leisure &Golf

Morada: Bom Sucesso – Vau, 2510-662 Vau - Óbidos
Tel:   +351 262 965 300
Situated near the medieval town of Óbidos, on the banks of the Lagoon, Bom Sucesso – Design Resort, Leisure Golf & SPA represents the most ambitious project ever planned for a luxury tourist resort. 
Built over an area covering 1 576 210 sqm, Bom Sucesso will contain 601 houses – both villas and townhouses – a hotel with a Spa, an 18 hole Championship golf course, an unparalleled range of facilities and a large ecological reserve. 
It was developed as a model of excellence, with contemporary architecture as the cornerstone of its concept strategy. A group of highly qualified architects, both Portuguese and foreign, developed an innovative concept; contemporary architecture blended into the landscape. 


Royal Óbidos - Spa & Golf Resort  

Royal Óbidos Spa & Golf resort is situated on a 336 acre site close to the medieval town of Óbidos, this exciting new development will include luxury apartments and villas set alongside a fantastic 18 hole championship golf course designed by Severiano Ballesteros.

 

Nature Walks

Mallard Path | Lagoon of Óbidos

The Mallard Track crosses one of the most beautiful areas of the Lagoon of Óbidos, revealing some of its well kept features and extraordinary landscapes. In this area the main attractions of this nature walk consist of the thousands of aquatic birds, some of prey, in a constant search for nourishment or simply nesting in the abundant plantations of reeds.
This track also enables you to enjoy the natural environment with the flora and fauna typical of a coastal lagoon. The Mallard track challenges you to discover a beaten path that has been trailed for hundreds of years by its local inhabitants!

Stork's Nest Nature Walk (Ninho da Cegonha)

The Stork's nest track stretches along the banks of the Arnoia River and establishes a pedestrian connection between the historic town of Óbidos and the Roman City Eburobrittium. 
With this nature walk, you will enjoy the bucolic environment while looking at the Paul and Cegonha plains where cereals and fruit orchards abound, as well as the Arnóia River with its fauna and flora and the sulphorous hot springs. You will come upon the Roman City that is testimony of the settlement of the Romans, on this site, for about 500 years (from the 1st to the 5th centuries).

Óbidos Cynegetic Park / Town Park

The town park is located in just outside the castle walls and has the magnificent view of the Varzea da Rainha. It establishes a pedestrian connection between the Church of Our Lady of Carmel, the Talhada Gate and the Upper Gate.
When visiting the Cynegetic Park, a careful look may slow your eyes as you discover the deer, and depending on the time of the year, foxes, hogs, ducks, species which are characteristic of this habitat and that, in the meantime, have disappeared. A walk on the medieval castle walls will allow you to have a more general view over the park. 

General Guidelines for all Nature Walks:
- Do not leave the marked or signaled path;
- Wear proper clothing, including a hat for protection and comfortable footwear;
- Avoid noises that could disturb local peace;
- Do not pick plants or touch the animals;
- Do not leave any trash behind;
- Respect the rules of the Bird Observatory;
- Help maintain this track.

Bike Eco-Track


The Eco Bike Track is aproximately 8 kilometres long. The course runs alongside the Arnoia River and is fantastic for all nature lovers who love taking longs walks or bike rides. In order to take greater advantage of this course, the tourist Office has a Rent-a-bike service with 20 adult and children's bicycles. The cost of this service is €5,00 for half a day. Renting a bike for the entire day will cost €10,00. Visitors who are not staying in a hotel nearby may use our facilities at the Municipal Pool to change clothes or take a quick shower after returning rented bikes.

 

Restaurants


Alcaide

A lovely, elegant restaurant snuggled inside the castle walls with excellent food.  This is an award winning restaurant with a good wine list.
Address: Rua Direita, N.º 60 – Óbidos
Tel/ Fax: 351 262 959 220
Mobile: 351 919 101 795
E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
(Closed on Wednesday's)

Pousada do Castelo

Located in the pousada, which is part of Óbidos’ fairy-tale medieval castle, Castelo´s amazing location and stylish interiors is matches by its food, with sea bass with green beans and pureed potato flavored with lemon) just one of the well-presented gastronomic choices.

Address: Paço Real - Apartado 18 – Óbidos, 2510-999 ÓBIDOS
Tel: 351 262955080
Fax: 262959148
www.pousada.pt
Opens from 12am to 15pm and 19pm to 22pm.